Thursday, January 12, 2017

Jersey City, NJ (August 31, 2009)



Things I will miss about Jersey City:
My backyard garden, lit up at night
The flowers on Manila street in the spring
The woman at the laundromat on 2nd and Manila who speaks no english but always folds my laundry for me if I leave it in the dryer a bit too long
Basic coffeeshop
Abbie living right down the street. Although she's never home
The bike shop on Grove street with the Specialized Dolce in the window that I've been drooling over for months
Tree lined brownstone streets. Better than Brooklyn with better parking rules
Jersey Avenue Wines
Van Vorst Park
Kal down the street and always nearby
Sunday fashions at the diner post church
The man who walks the neighborhood in a pink zoot suit with a white top hat and spats
Grove Street farmer's market
LITM
The neighborhood that feels like its on the verge: kind of hip without the Williamsburg 'tude
George, my Latvian landlord
The church bells on Saturdays and Sundays
Grace Episcopal Church
Buddhism/Meditation classes at Barrow Mansion on Sundays
Madame Claude's
Walking to the Hudson River
Running in Liberty State Park
My one and only Jersey Shitty Guitar Pull Hang, that was meant to be monthly
A great apartment, garden level, for a steal
Hamilton Park late night walks with my dog

No comments:

Post a Comment